Renewing your Grant Application
You must renew your application for each year of your course. For example, if you held a grant from SUSI in 2022/23 and are continuing your studies on the same course in the 2023/24 academic year, SUSI will contact you by email to advise you to renew your grant application.
However, if one of the below reasons applies to you, then you will need to make a new application:
- you have completed a previous course and are applying for a one year add-on course for the current academic year 2023/24. For example, you have completed a three year Level 7 course and are now applying for a one year add-on level 8 course.
- you have decided to change your course, your college or are starting a new course.
- you have previously deferred a year of your course and are now returning to continue your studies on the same course.
How to Renew your Grant Application
- Log into your SUSI student portal using your username, password and pin number. If you have forgotten your username, password or pin number, reset them using the links provided.
- Select the “Grant Application” option and
- Complete the renewal form and submit to SUSI. If you need any help completing your renewal application you can refer to Your Renewal Application Form Guide 2023/24.
2. Receive Response Letter from SUSI
Based on the information supplied in your application you will receive either
- An Award letter if no further documentation or action is required on your part for us to finalise your application. This letter is issued to you offering you a grant and highlighting the steps you need to take before your grant can be paid.
- A Refusal letter detailing the reason(s) for refusal. This letter is issued to you stating you are refused a grant. This letter will also highlight the further steps you may take if you wish to request a review or appeal your grant decision. These steps are also outlined in the Review your Grant Decision and or Appeal Your Grant Decision processes.
- A Checklist letter requesting new supporting documents (if any are required). You must supply the requested documents to enable us to complete the processing of your application.