SUSI is committed to making our website accessible, in accordance with European Union (Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications of Public Sector Bodies) Regulations 2020.
This accessibility statement applies to content published on www.susi.ie
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 level AA, due to the non-accessible content listed below:
- Some ARIA tags and attributes need to be corrected.
- Some form elements may not yet have a label.
- Not all scrollable content currently has keyboard access.
- Not all links are distinguishable without relying on colour.
- Not all links currently have an accessible name.
- Some id attributes are currently used more than once in the same webpage.
- Some lists are not structured correctly.
- Some iframe and frame elements do not have a unique title to describe their contents to screen readers.
- The following application is not yet fully accessible: Eligibility Indicator
This is not an exhaustive list of non-accessible content.
Content published prior to 23 September 2018 is exempt under the EU Web Accessibility Directive.
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This statement was prepared following a review of a sample number of pages against relevant WCAG 2.1 AA Success Criteria. The review was carried out by way of a self-assessment by SUSI in conjunction with our website provider
Tools used during this assessment included: axe DevTools - Web Accessibility Testing, Dynomapper, WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, Chrome developer tools and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
We are continually working towards improving the accessibility of our website.
Feedback and Contact Information
SUSI has a dedicated team of Access Officers who can provide assistance and guidance to persons with disabilities throughout the grant application process. To request support or share feedback regarding the accessibility of this website, email AccessOfficer@susi.ie or request a call back through our Support Desk on 0818 888 777. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm, excluding public holidays.
Escalation of a complaint
If you are unhappy with SUSI’s response to your complaint, you can contact the following:
Office of the Ombudsman:
Address: 6 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 W773.
Phone: 01 639 5600
Workplace Relations Commission:
Address: Lansdowne House, Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4, D04 A3A8
Phone: 0818 80 80 90
This statement was last updated on 8 March 2023