How to Apply
Making an Application
Your step by step guide to making an application for student funding.
Before you Apply
Check out the eligibility criteria.
Get an indication of your eligibility with our Eligibility Indicator.
See what grants are available.
Create your Account in your SUSI Student Portal
Before you start your application, you must create an account in your SUSI student portal.
You will be asked for your:
Personal Public Service Number (PPSN)
Date of birth
Submit your Application
Check our guide to completing the application form.
Complete the form. Ensure you provide complete and accurate information, especially on dates of birth and PPSNs. Incorrect information will delay the processing of your application.
Submit your application.
Return Requested Documents
You may be asked to send us documents to complete your application.
You will receive a letter with a checklist detailing the requested documents. Your Guide to Supporting Documents will explain what documents are accepted.
Be sure to return the documents as soon as possible.
Receive your Grant Decision
Your application may be:
An award letter is issued to you offering you a grant and highlighting the further steps you need to take before your grant can be paid.
A refusal letter is issued to you. This letter will also highlight the further steps you may take if you wish to review or appeal your grant decision.
Tips for Applicants
- Apply as early as possible after the opening date.
- Make sure the information you supply in relation to dates of birth, PPS numbers, etc. is correct. This will help avoiding delays in the processing of your application.
- Find out what class of applicant you are – Dependent, Mature Dependent or Independent.
- It is important that you supply SUSI with all of the documentation requested, correctly first time and on time. If you need more time then contact our support desk to let us know.
- You can use the application tracker in your SUSI student portal to check the progress of your submitted application at any stage.
- And remember, you must renew your application for each year of your course.