If you will be continuing and progressing on the same course in the 2022/23 academic year, and provided you are not repeating a year or entering an add-on year, you should make a grant renewal application once SUSI opens for applications on 10 March 2022 and before the priority closing date for grant renewal applications on 9 June 2022.
You can make your grant renewal application by following the instructions on How to Make a Grant Application.
If you wish to apply for a student grant and you have:
- completed your course or
- will be changing course or college or
- will be starting a new course, including entering an add-on year, in the 2022/23 academic year
- cancelled your grant application, withdrawn from your course or deferred your studies in 2021/22.
and if you are:
- progressing in your education to pursue a course at a higher level on the National Framework of Qualifications, and
- eligible to receive a grant subject to the maximum periods of grant funding.
You should make a new grant application before the priority closing date for new grant applications on 7 July 2022
You can make your new grant application by following the instructions on How to Make a Grant Application. You will be directed initially to the grant renewal application page from where you will be automatically redirected to make a new grant application when you answer “yes” to either of the questions “Will you be changing course in the 2022/23 academic year?” or “Will you be changing college in the 2022/23 academic year?.