Student grants awarded under the Student Grant Scheme are reviewed each year. You must renew your application for each year of your course. For example, if you held a grant from SUSI in 2021/2022 and are continuing your studies on the same course in the 2022/2023 academic year, SUSI will be in contact with you by email to advise you to renew your grant application.
However, please note that if you have;
- completed a previous course (e.g. a three year level 7 course) and are applying for a one year add on course for the current academic year 2022/2023 (e.g. a level 8, one year add on), you will need to make a new application.
- decided to change your course, your college or are starting a new course you will need to make a new application.
To renew your grant application you should;
Step 1 Apply
- Log into www.susi.ie and hit the “Apply Here” button on the SUSI home page;
- Hit the “Log into Online Grants System” button;
- Log into your Grant on Line Account using your username, password and pin number. (If you have forgotten your username, password or pin number, reset them using the links provided)
- Select the “Grant Application” option.(left hand side of screen); and
- Complete the renewal form and submit to SUSI. Guidance notes for completing a renewal application are available here. Renewal Application Form Guide 2022-23
Step 2 SUSI Receive Response Letter from SUSI
Based on the information supplied in your online application form you will receive either
- An Award Letter (if no further documentation/action required on your part);
- A Refusal letter (detailing the reason(s) for refusal); and
- A Checklist letter requesting new supporting documents, (if any are required)
If you receive a letter stating
- Awarded; this letter is issued to you offering you a grant and highlighting the further steps you need to take before your grant can be paid;
- Refused: this letter is issued to you stating you are refused a grant. This letter will also highlight the further steps you may take if you wish to request a review or appeal your grant decision. These steps are also outlined in the Review Your Grant Decision and or Appeal Your Grant Decision processes; and
- Checklist Letter requiring documents: You must supply the requested documents to enable us to complete the processing of your application.
Step 3 Receive your payment (if awarded)
Maintenance grants are paid into your (student’s) bank account and fee grants are paid directly to the college you are attending.
To ensure payment of your grant, you must have –
- provided your bank details to SUSI (maintenance grants only) – this can be done at any time through your online grant application account, or advise SUSI of any change in bank details from previous year;
- been confirmed to SUSI by your college as registered and attending your course for the current academic year 2022/2023.
Please see payment dates below for the 2022/2023 academic year .
|Higher Education |
payment dates 2022-23
|Payment 1||22 September 2022|
|Payment 2||13 October 2022|
|Payment 3||10 November 2022|
|Payment 4||15 December 2022|
|Payment 5||12 January 2023|
|Payment 6||16 February 2023|
|Payment 7||16 March 2023|
|Payment 8||06 April 2023|
|Payment 9||11 May 2023|
|Post Leaving Certificate |
payment dates 2022-23
|Payment 1||20 October 2022|
|Payment 2||17 November 2022|
|Payment 3||15 December 2022|
|Payment 4||19 January 2023|
|Payment 5||23 February 2023|
|Payment 6||23 March 2023|
|Payment 7||20 April 2023|
|Payment 8||18 May 2023|
|Payment 9||15 June 2023|